The Raging Rat Apparel | UK Brand Apparel Street wear
Here’s an exclusive interview with the UK based Clothing Brand Apparel: Raging Rat. Let’s check it out!
1. What is the start-up story behind your brand?
I got tired of getting nowhere in the 9 to 5 game and wanted to do something i actually enjoyed. I knew i wanted to do something creative but i cant paint or draw so opted on making designs for clothing. I downloaded some free graphic design software, studied tutorial videos and started Raging Rat late July.
2. Describe your visual concepts, what is it like? What are three words that best define it?
Dark, different, gutter.
3. In three words, characterize who you are.
Modest, grateful, weird.
4. What’s something that’s always running inside your mind lately?
The madness that’s happening in Syria and Iraq.
5. Being in your position, I’m sure it can be overwhelming with the workload.
How do you achieve balance in life?
It’s a struggle and i have to keep get my priorities in check. Putting things on hold while i go for a workout or meet friends isn’t a option anymore.
6. What’s one incident that would serve as a turning point to your life?
Starting a Instagram account, sounds random but its true. I saw all the creative people posting amazing art and i got inspired, like i say, i can’t paint or draw but I’m pretty badass at picture editing.
7. What three pieces of advice would you give to others when it comes to life & career?
Don’t be around people that drag you down or don’t support your passion, i wasted too much time on people who weren’t on my level. Strive to learn more, more skills gives you more weapons. Keep at it.
8. What’s a typical day in your life like?
Wake about 6:30, go for a coffee at my local cafe and do networking on Twitter, Instagram etc. Come home and work on some designs, manage and origanise website and online stores, maybe make a t-shirt on a heat press to get a photo of the physical product. Upload products to social media. More networking, repeat.
9. What’s one of the highlighting moment in your career? Why is it so?
Seeing a customer post a picture of themselves wearing my clothing on Instagram was amazing. It was a major confidence boost.
10. What stops you from throwing in the towel and giving up during those frustrating days of being in this industry?
I’ve got too many people to prove wrong.
11. Biggest risk ever taken?
Stepping into the world of self employment was a massive risk.
12. Who has influenced you most and been your greatest inspiration?
Die Antwoord, i love those guys, they’re the reason I’m doing what I’m doing.
13. How do you go about marketing your business or yourself? What has been your most successful form of marketing?
Probably Instagram, the people who follow me on there genuinely care and support what I’m doing, i don’t feel that love on Twitter.
14. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
Still building Raging Rat but with a few other side projects. I like helping others so maybe promoting and advertising, who knows?
15. What’s the first thing you would say to the world if all attention was on you right now?
Wu-Tang Clan ain’t nuthing ta f#ck wit!!
You can get in touch with Raging Rat for more information through their Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook Accounts specified below:
Facebook: Raging Rat
You may also want to visit their website at http://ragingrat.wix.com/raging-rat for more designs.