Introducing: TrueLife Streetwear Brand | North Carolina
Check out this exclusive interview with a North Carolina (Winston-Salem) based Streetwear Brand: TrueLife, “Direct –Straight to the point and honest. Fresh-Unique, but stylish. Legit-Unordinary, but professional”!
1. What is the start-up story behind your brand?
We realized a long time ago that we spent a lot of money on clothes. And we wanted to have something for our own. We were all in different places of the country so Jimi designed the I Love TRe4 shirts to remind of Winston-Salem. After we all came back to Winston-Salem we decided to bring together what we learned in our separate lives.
2. Describe your visual concepts, what is it like? What are three words that best define it?
Our inspiration/visual concepts derived from our movements in everyday life, which is in tune with the music we listen to daily. Love, Life, Expressions
3. In three words, characterize who you are.
Direct –Straight to the point and honest. Fresh-Unique, but stylish. Legit-Unordinary, but professional
4. What’s something that’s always running inside your mind lately?
We are always in the mindset of what is the next move to be made that help us to get to where we want to be.
5. Being in your position, I’m sure it can be overwhelming with the workload.
How do you achieve balance in life?
Knowing that each and every day requires more and more of our time dedicated to our vision for the company. We understand the realities of life outside TLR and embrace the fact that there is no way to really balance responsibilities because its all entwined together.
6. What’s one incident that would serve as a turning point to your life?
It really started my freshmen year of college, I was sitting and just observing the sense of hopelessness around my school. It was at that point that my friends and I decided that we wanted to create something we called our own. Again we understood the realities of life but we were determined to start our own positive movement.
7. What three pieces of advice would you give to others when it comes to life & career
Stay True to yourself, love Life, and start your own Revolution.
8. What’s a typical day in your life like?
WORK! We make sure we all go to our 9-5 jobs every day and make sure take care of home. Once we are off work and even during our daily jobs, we are working on TLR until we take it in for the night.
9. What’s one of the highlighting moment in your career? Why is it so?
Every new person that recognizes our movement and supports/shares our vision brings a new highlight in our lives. The highlights will continue to grow because we to plan to reach the masses.
10. What stops you from throwing in the towel and giving up during those frustrating days of being in this industry?
Our mindset is that we made a commitment to this vision, so giving up is not an option. We are not strangers to struggling and we embrace it because we know that it only gives birth to dedication and determination.
11. Biggest risk ever taken?
When we decided to venture into women’s clothes, but it actually turned to be more becoming that we ever imagined.
12. Who has influenced you most and been your greatest inspiration?
Each member within the group has somehow influenced the other in their lives. We are a our biggest supporters, critics, inspirations, and up lifters.
13. How do you go about marketing your business or yourself? What has been your most successful form of marketing?
We have been utilizing social media as very fast way to get the word out, but we get the most exposure when we have and attend events. We pride ourselves on having a personal interaction with the people that support our movement.
14. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
In the next five years we want to be in different small hubs up the east coast. We want to build and expand as far as we are able to. In the next ten years, we want to have our clothing being sold overseas.
15. What’s the first thing you would say to the world if all attention was on you right now?
The revolution starts with us!