Interview x Viewless Apparel | Fashion wear
Check out the interview with George Vilchis the owner of Viewless Apparel, a 2013 startup Street wear brand based at South Orange County. Interestingly, the brand name was created from a bible verse. “For we live by faith, Not by sight.” – 2 Corinthians 5:7
1. What is the start-up story behind your brand?
Viewless Apparel is a non-profit Street wear brand that launched in 2013. Viewless was just an idea, but I (Owner George Vilchis) was able to make my idea a reality. I had a couple people I looked up to that have begun their brand and had it launch. I also began to see people wear over rated brands and wanted to give people a new look. I was very determined to create “Viewless Apparel” and with a lot of hard work and patience I finally had enough money to begin my business. The first item I came out with was beanies and I was so overwhelmed with how successful I was, I sold out of a 50pc shipment in less than a week and I knew it was just the beginning. From there on my business launched and I knew that I was going to need help, so then I began to look for people to join my team and I found the best team I could ever ask for. Viewless Team: Rae Pich (Photographer), Jake Duggan (Photographer), Liz Bertola (Model), Hunter Webb (Sponsor), Nour Rakha (Sponsor), Stavi Cabaniss (Skate Model). Right now we are preparing for our fall drop and hope to continue the success that we have had.
2. Describe your visual concepts, what is it like? What are three words that best define it?
I always try my hardest when coming up with designs, but I try to make my style of street wear a little different than others. I try to make my designs simple but also have it stand out.
Simple, Memorable, & Different
3. In three words, characterize who you are.
Designer, Entrepreneur, & Faithful
4. What’s something that’s always running inside your mind lately?
“Now what’s next?”
5. Being in your position, I’m sure it can be overwhelming with the workload.
Its is overwhelming with how much work I put into this business like designing, money, setting up dates for shoots, and shipments, but it’s something I love doing and will never give up on.
How do you achieve balance in life?
I am currently still in school so it is hard to stay on top of school and work, but I set time for both and manage to get work done.
6. What’s one incident that would serve as a turning point to your life?
A lot can affect my life, but if I make sure I make the right decisions and stay on top of school and work I know I will continue to be successful.
7. What three pieces of advice would you give to others when it comes to life & career?
Don’t let other people’s opinions bother you or make you quit, everyone is different and if it’s something you know you want to do, do it!
Just because you’re down does not mean you can’t get back up, never give up on something that’s worth living for.
Never be ashamed of who you are and what you’re doing with your life, own it.
8. What’s a typical day in your life like?
Well like I said I’m still in school but I always put in at least 3-4 hours of work a day and promote 24/7.
9. What’s one of the highlighting moments in your career? Why is it so?
When I first launched my company because I got so many good reactions to my business and made me want to do more.
10. What stops you from throwing in the towel and giving up during those frustrating days of being in this industry?
The dream of making it big and having your company on the top.
11. Biggest risk ever taken?
Probably making camo bucket hats because I always try to keep my style different and I wasn’t sure how my customers would react.
12. Who has influenced you most and been your greatest inspiration?
I have always looked up to Tanner Marvel (Owner of Prospect Threads) because he’s always put hard work into his business and its definitely paying off.
13. How do you go about marketing your business or yourself? What has been your most successful form of marketing?
I have been promoting my business on Social Medias and it has really given me a lot of customers because it put my company out there and people began to see my business online.
14. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
I hope see Viewless Apparel grow and have my own shops and even have my clothes in other stores and just live the dream.
15. What’s the first thing you would say to the world if all attention was on you right now?
Viewless is more than just a street wear company, it’s a lifestyle.
Thanks again for your time & effort! The people here look forward to seeing this!