5 Minutes With Earth Crusher
When our government fails to connect with the people on an eye-to-eye basis, they ring up the brilliant & propaganda-trained street artists like EarthCrusher to get the job done. We’re fortunate to pick the brains of the man who has mastered the art of altering public perception, one mascot at a time.
1. What is the start-up story behind your (journey/brand)?
I started off with everything and I intend to keep it that way.
2. Describe your (visual) concepts, what is it like? What are three words that best define it?
My concepts are aimed at managing the perception of the public to the benefit of myself or my clients. I find the most effective are those that are friendly, non threatening and manipulative.
3. In three words, characterize who you are.
Greedy, Omnipotent, Dictator.
4. What’s something that’s always running inside your mind lately?
5. Being in your position, I’m sure it can be overwhelming with the workload. How do you achieve balance in life?
I think if you love what you do, it doesn’t matter how much work you have, you can’t enough! Plus delegating 90% of the tasks to unpaid interns helps too.
6. What’s one incident that would serve as a turning point to your life?
Overthrowing my first small country.
7. What three pieces of advice would you give to others when it comes to life & career?
1) Think for yourself – You are number 1, everyone else comes last and exist only to serve as tools to achieve your will.
2) Always maintain your integrity – After you die, your name will live on without you carrying with it your reputation.
3) Listen carefully – you cannot easily control what you do not understand, therefore it is best to learn and master as many subjects as possible.
8. What’s a typical day in your life like?
It’s like a scene from American Psycho, only with more helicopters.
9. What’s one of the highlighting moment in your career? Why is it so?
Hanging a permanent instillation in HEC Montréal, one of Canada’s best business schools. It excites me knowing my work will have inspired some of the worlds leading business professionals and despots.
10. What stops you from throwing in the towel and giving up during those frustrating days of being in this industry?
I get strength from the knowledge that others suffer far more than me.
11. Biggest risk ever taken?
Letting people vote.
12. Who has influenced you most and been your greatest inspiration?
Edward L. Bernays has always been a big hero of mine.
13. How do you go about marketing your business or yourself? What has been your most successful form of marketing?
A lot of smoke and mirrors. It is important to take advantage of every form of media to create the desired image of your brand in the mind of the public.
14. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
That information is classified.
15. What’s the first thing you would say to the world if all attention was on you right now?
Get back to work!